Sunday, 8 March 2015

Speedo.....final layout

I was never quite happy with how the speedo looked on my bike.

1st Position - was mounted using the standard bottom mount bracket and clamp, seemed to stick out a bit, looked too high and the angle was all wrong.


Tried mounting a few different ways, just didn't look that great.

Came across a mounting cup system and after a few modifications to the bracket it has now ended up looking like this.





Looks a lot better now and seems to keep the lines.  Now to fix up all the wiring.

Saturday, 7 March 2015

More Brass fitted up


Brass intake manifold clamps and did a quick mock-up with the carby and brass air cleaner.

Saturday, 28 February 2015

Black & Brass



Fitted up my rocker and push rod covers with brass hardware, complimented with brass oil lines.

Saturday, 21 February 2015

More painting...



Painted up a few more items....primary cover and push rod covers....rattle can black.

Thursday, 1 January 2015

One head done



New Kibblewhite valves lapped in and Kibblewhite springs fitted.

Saturday, 20 December 2014

Port and Polish





Ported the intake and exhaust, intake left rough and exhaust mirror finish polished.

One head done, one to go....

Saturday, 15 November 2014

Been awhile...


It has been awhile since I got some "shed" time.  Finally got my cases back together, new jugs and pistons fitted.

Monday, 21 April 2014

Waiting for parts......

Been over 3 weeks since I ordered some engine parts that I need to put my cases back together.....still haven't been shipped from the USA so decided to do a couple of small jobs:

Made up a bracket to mount my Hippy Killer brass rear brake pedal to my forward controls.


Painted the cam cover....black of course.


Sunday, 6 April 2014

Sifton Stinger 204 Cams


Thanks to the guys on the XL Forum I was able to identify the type of cams that were fitted in the engine.

Sifton Stinger Cams

I am going to change them out to some Andrews P or PB+ as have been told that these cams are better suited to a street rod type bike.

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Saturday, 28 December 2013

Been nearly 6 months now since I have done anything.....time to get that engine back together

Finally got some time off work and found a puller to change out the old cam bushings. Now to find a 11/16" reamer!

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Tattoo seat from Rich Phillips has arrived



This is the picture I sent them to put on the seat and the end result was perfect with the black shading and brass rivets.  


Go to http://bikersaddles.com/index.html to check more work from Rich Phillips.

Saturday, 8 June 2013

Leather roll case

Ordered a black leather top case to use on a few road trips from Pirate Upholstery. Custom made to suit my measurements with all brass hardware and Hadas and the team at Pirate Upholstery were awesome to deal with.  Check them out at www.pirateupholstery.com





Saturday, 25 May 2013

Check out this new mag....TANK Moto


Available at TANK Moto and also check out FUEL Magazine whilst you are there also.

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Saturday, 6 April 2013

Starting to put the engine back together

Not sure if this should be checked or not, however I decided to check the trueness of my cases.

Put some engineers blue on the face and ran it over a thick glass plate (best flat level surface I could find) to check for any high spots.

Didn't find any, just a few holes to repair the threads on with keenserts.



Saturday, 30 March 2013

Rolling chassis finally finished

New seat fitted from Rich Phillips leather.....black leather with brass rivets


Wiring completed....
Front brake bled....

Time to put the engine back together and drop it in the frame.

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Gorilla in my tool bag

Designed to keep idiots off my bike when it is parked.




It has tilt and knock alarm sensors with a radio paging alert system.

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Brass Buckles

I found a local leather craftsman as I wanted to get all the stainless buckles and rivets changed over to brass on my solo and tool bags.

He did an awesome job, thanks to David from DSM Leather.


Sunday, 17 February 2013

Front Brake Disc Rotor all trued up

I had to space out the disc brake rotor on my front wheel to get some clearance between the spokes and the 2 piston caliper I installed.

Tried some individual spacers on each mounting bolt (as per the installation instructions), however the rotor was not running true and had so much run out it was binding in some areas.  Got a proper spacer made up out of my old brake disc and it worked perfectly.